Baskerville Publishers respects your privacy.
The short version is this: We don’t do spam and we don’t sell addresses, and we use your personal data only to help us process your orders. For the long version, read below.
- Information provided by the customer: We may collect and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way, including your name, company name, street and billing addresses, email address, and any other information you provide. We use the information you provide to complete your orders, respond to your communications, and improve our website and catalog in order to provide you with a better shopping experience.
- Information collected automatically: Like most online shopping sites, our website collects certain kinds of standard information whenever you visit our site. For example, our site may make use of browser “cookies” that help the our webstore remember who you are so that next time you return, your shopping experience will be easier and more personalized; it may also track your purchase history so it can display suggestions for other products you might enjoy. Our website also receives and stores computer and network information such as operating system, platform, and browser type and version. It is possible for you to use third party software to visit our website anonymously, but in doing so you would sacrifice the personalization features of our site, and some of these privacy methods may also prevent our site from working properly, which could result in your order not being processed.
USE AND SHARING OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
Baskerville Publishers is not in the business of sharing our customers’ personal identifying information with others. We share customer information only as necessary to process your orders, fulfill your requests and comply with the law, as described below:
- Employees and contracted agents: As with all online and catalog retail companies, we employ multiple individuals and companies to perform certain functions in the process of serving you. Examples may include fulfillment and delivery of orders, processing credit card payments, managing customer communications and billing, and providing customer service. These employees and agents have access to certain specific personal information required in order to perform their functions, but they are not permitted to use your information for other purposes.
- Business acquisitions: In the event that Baskerville Publishers may acquire or be acquired by other business, customer information would typically be included in the transfer. In such cases, your personal identifying information would generally remain subject to any pre-existing Privacy Policies.
- Customer-approved uses: We may also offer our customers the choice of opting in to mailing lists, special promotions or other opportunities. You will always have the choice to opt out of such communications.
SECURITY OF CUSTOMER INFORMATION
The information we collect from you is protected with industry-standard security protocols and procedures:
- Encryption: The information you provide on our website, including credit card information, is protected during transmission by using industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology provided by VeriSign and other leading companies.
- No sensitive data sent via email: Credit card information is not sent through email, which is inherently an insecure medium. We will never ask you for your credit card information over email, and if someone claiming to be us requests your credit card information via email, do not provide it; instead, please contact us immediately.
- Password-protected accounts: Your customer account login information is password-protected. It is your responsibility to keep your password completely private and prevent unauthorized access to your password or your computer. If you use a public or shared computer to access our site, be sure to quit your browser when you are finished.
CUSTOMER ACCESS TO AND CONTROL OF STORED INFORMATION
If you create a customer account on our website, you will have the ability to choose an account name and password that will allow you to access your account information and update certain types of information. This information can be accessed by clicking the “login” link in the left column or the “account” button in the top navigation bar. The types of information accessible to and editable by our customers may evolve as we continue to improve our website.
CUSTOMER OPTIONS AND PREFERENCES
- Anonymity: You can choose not to provide information, you can set most web browsers to not accept “cookies,” and you can use third-party software (not supported by us) to visit our site completely anonymously, but please be aware that doing any of these may prevent you from being able to complete a purchase successfully or to take advantage of certain features of our site.
- Account details: You can view, update, or delete certain personal identifying information from your customer account, by logging in with your username and password as described above and making the desired changes. Please note that, even after you update your information, we may keep a copy of any information entered previously for our records or in our automated computer backups.
- Communications preferences: We may offer mailing lists and other communications features on an opt-in basis, and you will always have the choice to opt out of such communications. Please note, however, that we will always send you online order confirmations via email, and we reserve the right to contact you by telephone, email or postal mail if there is a problem with your order or with processing your payment.
BaskervillePublishers.com sells products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use our website only with the supervision of a parent or guardian.
Last updated: March 16, 2003